Indian Head Massage is based upon ancient Indian aryuvedic techniques and is deeply relaxing and invigorating. It is the ideal treatment for anyone who suffers with tension headaches, stiff and aching shoulders, eyestrain and general stress and anxiety.
The Practitioner uses different massage techniques and accupressure points on the back, shoulders, neck, head and face to relieve pain and tension, encourage circulation and oxygen flow to the brain.
The treatment ends with a relaxing facial massage and re-balancing of energy-flow in the upper body ('chakra-balancing').
A treatment is performed with the client sitting up and can be performed clothed or on skin using oils. A treatment session lasts around 45 minutes
- Reduced pain and tension in the muscles of the upper body
- Increased circulation resulting in mental clarity and improved alertness
- Relieves eye strain
- Relieves stress, tension and fatigue
- Aids detoxification
- Aids lymphatic drainage
- Increases endorphin levels
- Last but not least - stimulation to the scalp encourages growth of healthy, shiny hair!